Job Title: Simpson Strong-Tie Engineering Excellence Fellow
Job Start Date: Monday, October 1, 2018
THE SIMPSON STRONG-TIE® FELLOWSHIP FOR ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE
Build Change, with the generous support of Simpson Strong-Tie, has established the Simpson Strong-Tie® Fellowship for Engineering Excellence program. Complementing the Simpson Strong-Tie goal to find solutions for structures to make them safer and stronger, this fellowship will allow innovative engineers the opportunity to provide impactful contributions to important programs for housing and schools around the world, working directly with Build Change for a period of one year. In turn, the fellowship program will contribute to Build Change’s work, providing support from experienced and innovative engineering professionals who can apply their knowledge and judgment to the unique contexts in which Build Change works, while synthesizing local and contextual information. This is the second year of the Fellowship program; one fellow will be selected.
ABOUT BUILD CHANGE
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs disaster-resistant houses and schools, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve the quality of building materials and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs.
More than 39,000 people have been trained in disaster-resistant design and construction techniques and have built over 58,000 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 304,440 people. Visit www.buildchange.org and follow us on Twitter @BuildChange or on Facebook.
For more than 60 years, Simpson Strong-Tie has dedicated itself to creating structural products that help people build safer, stronger homes and buildings. Considered an industry leader in structural systems research, testing and innovation, Simpson Strong-Tie works closely with construction professionals to provide code-listed, field-tested products and value-engineered solutions. Our engineered structural products and systems are recognized for helping structures resist high winds, hurricanes and seismic forces. They include structural connectors, fasteners, fastening systems, lateral-force resisting systems, anchors and product solutions for repairing, protecting and strengthening concrete. From product development and testing to training and engineering and field support, Simpson Strong-Tie is committed to helping customers succeed. For more information, visit strongtie.com and follow us on facebook.com/strongtie, twitter.com/strongtie, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Simpson Strong-Tie Engineering Excellence Fellow (“Fellow”) will be a key supplement to the Build Change Engineering Program by providing expertise and mentorship to programs, staff and projects globally. The Fellow will work directly with the engineering teams composed of national and international staff, travel to program offices, and apply her or his experience and knowledge in structural engineering to new contexts and systems that may not already have well-established standards. It is anticipated that the Fellow will work within two to four different programs throughout the year. The projects and staff that the Fellow will support will focus on implementation and development of disaster-resistant designs and standards for retrofit and new construction of locally appropriate housing and schools. Illustrative examples include post-earthquake and post-hurricane housing reconstruction in Nepal and the Caribbean, respectively, a school safety improvement program in Indonesia, and pre-disaster risk mitigation through retrofitting informal housing in Latin American cities.
The Fellow will help improve the development and sharing of Engineering Program knowledge and resources across country programs over the course of the year. S/he will also have the opportunity to learn about and understand different cultures and program contexts while working in a collaborative and diverse environment.
The Fellow will report to Build Change’s Director of Engineering and will participate in a short orientation period prior to joining a country program abroad. The Fellow is required to provide monthly updates, quarterly blog posts for the Simpson Strong-Tie SE Blog for structural engineers, as well as contribute to quarterly, mid-term and final reports for the Fellowship.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
We are seeking exceptionally competent engineer applicants who are passionate about reducing risk in some of the world’s most vulnerable communities, and sharing knowledge and expertise with coworkers and partners.
• A completed university degree in a civil or structural engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
• A Professional or Structural Engineering license (or equivalent) in civil (structural) engineering.
• A minimum of 8 years’ professional experience in structural engineering in a country with well-established building code adoption and enforcement. Additional experience in designing and supervising construction of disaster-resistant buildings in a developing country is a strong plus.
• Work experience in earthquake- and wind-resistant design and construction of buildings.
• Engineering work experience in existing building seismic and structural evaluation and retrofit according to recognized standards, such as ASCE 41. (Experience in performance-based design is a plus.)
• Experience using international building codes and guidelines, including the IBC, ASCE 7, ASCE 41, etc.
Interpersonal and Communication
• Strong sense of obligation and responsibility to support and help others through the sharing of knowledge and experience. Previous mentoring experience a plus.
• Desire to learn and understand different cultures and program contexts, and work in a collaborative and diverse environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, taking cultural norms into account, verbally and in writing.
• Drama-free, optimistic, flexible, humble, patient, no ego, and a good sense of humor.
• Fluent in English.
• Valid passport for the fellowship duration.
• Willingness to travel to, live and work in emerging countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and South and Southeast Asia.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit http://www.buildchange.org/about/careers and click on the link for the Fellowship. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and one professional letter of reference. Applications will be accepted through August 17, 2018. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by August 31, 2018. No calls please.
City of San José - Public Works Department - Engineering Services Division
The Department of Public Works is responsible for delivering capital improvement projects for a wide variety of City facilities and infrastructure, maintaining City facilities and fleet assets, facilitating and regulating development activities, and providing animal care and services. The Department is committed to high-quality service, partnering with the community, and providing an excellent environment in which to work.
Job Title: Associate Engineer (Structural/Building Plan Review)
Job Start Date: Monday, September 24, 2018
The Public Works Department is recruiting to fill one (1) Associate Engineer position in the Engineering Services Division. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of professionalism, excellent customer service skills, and a supreme work ethic. This position requires excellent judgment, initiative, perseverance, integrity, organizational skills, flexibility, and written and verbal communications skills.
The Associate Civil Engineer assigned to the Building Official Program (BOP) will be Under the general direction of the Senior Structural Engineer of the Structural Engineering Section who conducts structural engineering and code review. This position will be responsible for code reviews as it pertains to structural and architectural safety and processing permits for Citywide capital facilities/building projects. This position will also perform occasional structural engineering design for Citywide capital projects as assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
•Advises professional engineers, architects and other concerning code requirements, engineering and planning problems arising in the preliminary design of buildings and other structures.
•Occasionally prepares structural engineering design for the Senior Structural Engineer and makes independent engineering analysis on proposed buildings and other structures to justify structural safety.
•Examines plans, structural calculations, and specifications for City owned buildings such as fire stations, libraries, convention center, and the airport for compliance with the governing laws, building codes, and City Ordinances for structural, fire-life safety, energy conservation, CALgreen standards, and ADA aspects.
•Prepares and manages Master and Single Agreements: consultant code special inspections contracts.
•Performs field observations and conducts safety assessments of older buildings and other structures, when required, and prepares a typed-written report of findings and recommendations.
•Responsible for interfacing with the public, consultants, contractors, other City departments/sections, and other agencies, and is responsible for timely response to the stakeholders' requests and concerns on projects.
•Consults with construction inspectors and attends field meetings regarding problems arising in the field during the construction of a public improvement project.
•Supports code inspection staff in construction issues investigation and resolution.
•Support permitting staff in processing permits in a timely manner.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
1. Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or Architecture or possession of an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate.
2. Experience: Three (3) years of increasingly responsible professional engineering or Architectural experience.
3. Acceptable Substitution: A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the Structural Engineering discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of professional engineering experience.
4. Exception: Associate Engineers working in Building Division as plan reviewers must have four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in professional Civil Engineering work with at least two (2) years of experience in design and construction of buildings. An EIT certificate is not acceptable as replacement for the required Bachelor’s degree.
5. Licenses or Certificates:
•Possession of a valid driver's license in the State of California is required.
•Possession of a valid professional registration with the State of California as a Civil Engineer (PE) or Architect is required.
•Possession of a valid California Structural Engineering License is desirable.
•Possession of a Certified Access Specialist Program (CASP) certification is desirable.
•Possession of an International Code Council (ICC) Plans Examiner Certification is desirable; however, it will be required to obtain within six (6) months of employment.
Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will NOT sponsor, represent or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
•Job Expertise - Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices and the California Building Codes; including knowledge and experience of the City of San Jose’s designs, improvement plans, estimates, specifications, and contract documents for capital improvement projects, private development projects or other engineering related projects; experience in Enercalc and RISA 3D; Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
•Communication Skills - Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts clearly, orally and in writing; demonstrates effective use of listening skills; displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
•Computer Skills - MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Excel.
•Teamwork & Interpersonal Skills - Develops effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
•Analytical Thinking - Approaches a problem or situation by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
•Creativity – Addresses objectives and problems while questioning traditional assumptions/solutions in order to generate creative ideas and new ways of doing business; exhibits creativity and innovation when contributing to organizational and individual objectives; seeks out opportunities to improve, streamline, reinvent work processes.
•Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
•Planning - Acts to align own unit's goals with the strategic direction of the organization; Defines tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, while ensuring the optimal use of resources to meet those objectives.
•Problem Solving – Approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem; collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
•Project Management - Ensures support for projects and implements agency goals and strategic objectives.
•Supervision - Sets effective long and short-term goals based on good understanding of management practices; establishes realistic priorities within available resources; provides motivational support; empowers others; assigns decision-making and work functions to others in an appropriate manner to maximize organizational and individual effectiveness.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application and responses to the Job Specific Questions. Only the candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be invited to proceed in the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will consist of one or more interviews, one of which may include a practical/writing exercise.
You will be prompted to answer the following job-specific questions during the online application process. Please note that there is a 4,000-character limit, including spaces, for each text response.
1. Do you possess a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Master’s degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university? If yes, please identify the name and location of the college/university. Do you possess an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate? If yes, please provide your EIT certificate number.
2. Please attach a resume that includes your professional engineering experience, including the number of years and the scope of your experience.
3. Do you have a valid California Civil Professional Engineer (PE) Civil license? If so, please indicate your registration certificate number, year the registration certificate was awarded to you and the expiration date of your registration. Also, please list all professional certificates indicating year awarded and expiration date.
4. Do you possess a valid California Structural Engineering License? If yes, please indicate your license number and expiration date. (Please attach a copy of your license to your application).
5. Do you possess a valid Certified Access Specialist Program (CASP) certificate? If yes, when does your certificate expire? (Please attach a copy of your certificate to your application).
6. Do you possess a valid International Code Council (ICC) Plans Examiner certificate? If yes, when does your certificate expire? (Please attach a copy of your certificate to your application).
7. Describe your code review experience including the type, size, design complexity of systems, and the code(s) you applied.
8. Describe your design experience including the type of work, size, design, and complexity of systems that you designed.
9. Describe your experience supervising and/or leading staff. Include the length of time you supervised or led staff, the number of employees under your direct supervision, and a description of your methods for developing employees.
You must answer all job-specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration.
Starting salary for this position is $90,937.60 with the actual salary determined by the final candidate's qualifications and experience. In addition, to the starting salary, employees in the Associate Engineer classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation increase.
Contact us about this job by sending email to email@example.com
FTF Engineering is a successful, growing boutique structural engineering firm. We specialize in unique and challenging projects, with a particular focus on high-end, single-family and multi-family residential work, seismic evaluation and retrofit, commercial work, construction means-and-methods, tenant improvements, and equipment bracing. Offices are located in San Francisco and San Luis Obispo.
Our office environment is open, communicative, team-oriented, fast-paced, high energy, flexible, and fun. We each work on projects in all practice areas, and we strive to be an outstanding provider of engineering and innovation with attention to detail and customer satisfaction.
Job Title: Structural Engineer - 0-7 years' experience
Job Start Date: Monday, August 20, 2018
We are looking for someone with exceptional engineering, communication, and relationship skills that can produce a complete set of construction documents, can be flexible in assigned tasks, works diligently to make deadlines, and is able to work independently. You should be someone who wants to learn and grow both personally and professionally. The key accountabilities for this role include:
• Design Experience with Wood, Steel and Concrete with a Strong Analytical Background. Skill in Post-Tensioned Concrete Design is a plus!
• Creative Thinking and Problem Solving
• Effective and Constructible Detailing
• Designs and Drawings that Conform to FTF Standards
• Clear and Accurate Calculations
• Well-Organized Project Documentation
• Involvement in Professional Activities
• Personal Commitment to Career Development and Advancement
BS Civil (Structural emphasis), Structural Engineering, or Architectural Engineering
0-7 years’ experience
Proficient AutoCAD Drafting Skills
Revit Skills Highly Desirable (but not necessary)
PE License preferred, SE License a plus
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Valid CA driver's license and vehicle for frequent travel to Bay Area site visits
Physically capable of navigating construction sites
Computer Skills: AutoCAD, Revit, RISA-3D, SAP2000, RAM Structural, Enercalc, Excel
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide references and work samples upon request.
DO NOT contact via phone.
Contact us about this job by sending email to email@example.com
Founded in 1965, SOHA Engineers is one of the leading structural engineering firms in California with an exceptional culture of creativity, collaboration, innovation, mentorship with strong commitment to our employees and to our community. For over five decades we have been driven by our holistic approach and passion for great structural engineering as an integral part of the overall project goals. We pride ourselves in creating a comfortable, dynamic and thriving work environment, collaborating with some of the most wonderful and brightest colleagues and friends, and working on some of the most challenging and interesting projects in the SF bay Area. SOHA provides a full spectrum of services, including seismic design of new buildings and structures, seismic evaluation and rehabilitation of existing structures and bridges, historical renovations, shoring and underpinning design, and peer reviews. We have engineered and rehabilitated some of the most significant buildings and structures in California, many of which have been recognized and awarded.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Start Date: Monday, August 6, 2018
The Project Engineer will perform structural analysis and design of building structures, prepare construction documents including structural detailing and coordination with other disciplines, provide construction administration services, attend meetings and site visits.
The Project Engineer will have at least 2 - 4 years experience in structural/seismic design of buildings and structures, PE or SE license, good technical, verbal and written communication skills, able to work fairly independently, team player with interest in working in a collaborative and technically challenging environment
Contact us about this job by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
AEPC Group LLC
AEPC Group, LLC is a growing full service, multi-discipline Engineering, Architecture and Design/Build firm with offices in Northern and Southern California, Atlanta, Georgia and Boise, Idaho. Our firm actively services the Aerospace, Aviation, Life Sciences, Higher Educational, Hi-Tech, Manufacturing, Industrial, and Commercial industries while focusing on responsiveness and the highest quality available in the industry. We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salary and benefits.
Job Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Job Start Date: Friday, August 3, 2018
We are searching for a dynamic, self-motivated registered Structural Engineer experienced in the consulting engineering field with Project Management experience as well. Successful candidate will be expected to lead structural engineering on projects as well as to actively support project sales efforts. Some domestic air travel is required. Qualified candidates may be considered for the position of Structural Engineering Department Manager. This position may be filled in either our Santa Ana or San Ramon, California offices. A California Civil or Structural license is acceptable.
Lead Structural Engineering services in the preparation of studies, cost estimates, project schedules, designs, calculations, drawings and other required project documentation as well as coordination with other AEPC discipline departments and subconsultants.
Serve as Project Manager on selected projects.
Participate or lead sales efforts including client management, proposal development, client presentations and follow up.
Job site investigation field work as needed
Submit and obtain governing agencies approvals through various permitting procedures
-Minimum BS degree from accredited university or college
-Licensed Professional Civil or Structural Engineer in California is required. NCEES registration to facilitate licensure in other states where AEPC conducts work is highly desirable.
-Design experience in AEPC’s target markets required
-Project Management experience is required
-Excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are a must
-Ability to work with minimal supervision is required
-LEED Accreditation is desired
-Excellent computer skills
-Experience and strong working knowledge in
o Structural engineering analysis and design of building and non-building structures.
o Seismic Retrofit
o Major equipment anchorage
o Steel, timber, masonry and concrete materials.
o California Building Codes
KPW Structural Engineers, Inc.
KPW Structural Engineers specializes in the structural design of life-science and technology facilities, mission-critical buildings, hospitals, civic, academic, residential, and other market sectors. KPW works within a culture of continuous improvement. We always strive to further our knowledge, ensuring that our approach to each project aligns with current industry practices and emerging standards. Researching new ideas and materials that lessen costs and environmental impact is part of our fundamental philosophy of best practices. We support and encourage all employees to reach their full potential as professional engineers.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Start Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018
We are currently looking for candidates with three to seven years of experience to join our team.
• Responsible for the production of engineering documents such as reports, calculations, and drawings that are complete and technically accurate.
• Supervises and mentors Staff Engineers and CAD staff.
• Responsible for handling interactions with the client regarding technical design issues, coordination of document preparation and submittal schedules.
Accountable for tracking KPW project costs, with the goal of meeting contractual obligations within the stated terms with an emphasis on efficiency.
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with the completion of relevant coursework in Structural Engineering
• Registration as a Civil Engineer in the State of California
• M.S. degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
• Three years of engineering experience in the Structural Engineering field
• Experience with Building Information Modeling
Contact us about this job by sending email to email@example.com
Job Title: Chief of Projects & Construction - 84712 Division: OP-Operations
Job Start Date: Friday, July 20, 2018
Berkeley Lab is seeking a Chief of Projects & Construction to lead the efforts of bringing the organization’s conventional construction and project management into the top tier of Department of Energy/Office of Science (DOE/SC) labs by achieving sustained, superior performance in support of world-class science.
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab was founded in 1931 by Ernest Lawrence. The Lab is located above the University of California, Berkeley Campus on a 202 acre site housing over 2 million Square feet of state of the art scientific centers and support facilities. Thirteen Nobel Prizes have been associated with Berkeley Lab.
Since the Lab’s mission crosses over into many different sciences, buildings range from supercomputing facilities, genetic sequences labs, laser labs,microscope facilities, office complexes, to support facilities such as a hotel, cafeteria, fire station and many more.The current project portfolio varies, but typically has more than one capital project (ranging from $50M-$140M), several mid-sized projects (ranging from $8M-$10M), and approximately 100 small projects (ranging from several hundred thousand dollars to $4M) per year.
The Chief of Projects & Construction will:
• Provide leadership in conventional civil project and construction management and execution at Berkeley Lab. This includes strategic oversight, planning, budgeting and management of Berkeley Lab’s portfolio of construction (capital and small) projects, both long short-term and long-term.
• Proactively build and sustain partnerships and ensure alignment of action, project delivery and communications to all external and internal stakeholders. Ensure that communications are transparent, relevant and current.
• Ensure seamlessly integrated project planning and execution to maximize project value and impact. Analyze the best project delivery methods internal and external to the Lab, including negotiated contracts, design build, design bid build, and other approaches.
• Lead and manage a team of approximately 35 staff, providing guidance and counsel for effectively executing capital and small projects that will optimally support the Lab’s scientific programs and requirements. This includes hiring and supervising staff at various levels and developing, coaching and managing for high performance.
• Oversee planning and accountability for annual, short-term, and long-term construction project budgets, expenditures and staffing plans.
• Provide comprehensive strategic vision, oversight and leadership of the Laboratory’s construction management and execution, including the improvement and maintenance of key processes, procedures, tools, metrics and systems for project delivery. Ensure management systems for capital projects are efficient and effective.
• May serve on Laboratory cross-functional or strategy teams that improve institutional management and development.
The Chief of Projects & Construction is a proven leader that is results driven, makes critical decisions using data and sound judgement, is fiscally responsible and serves in the best interest of the Lab community, University of California and Department of Energy - Office of Science. The Chief of Projects & Construction promotes values of diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as safety and security.
How to Apply:
Apply directly online at http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=135405 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Rinne & Peterson, Inc.
Since 1960, Rinne & Peterson, Inc. has provided structural engineering services focused on quality and customer service. This steadfast commitment has resulted in long lasting client relationships and expertise in a broad range of project types. Visit our website at rpse.com to learn more about our core values and project experience.
Job Title: Engineer; Project Engineer
Job Start Date: Monday, July 16, 2018
We are looking for technically savvy thinkers and challenge accepting doers who understand that listening and communicating well are at the very heart of creating and sustaining a successful consulting business. We value curiosity, attention to detail, technical excellence, and common sense. We believe in allocating responsibility based on aptitude and capability, rather than just years of experience. We look forward to sharing our skills and insights with colleagues and clients as we collaborate to create lasting relationships and designs with value.
If a career with Rinne & Peterson interests you, then please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining your background, interests, and career goals.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in structural engineering
- EIT Certification
- 0–2 years experience with a structural engineering consulting firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical skills and knowledge compatible with years of experience
- B.S. or M.S. degree in structural engineering
- PE or SE license in California
- 3+ years experience with a structural engineering consulting firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical skills and knowledge compatible with years of experience
- Design experience with a variety of materials
- Experience writing proposals and reports
- Experience managing projects and interacting with design team, contractors, and clients
Contact us about this job by sending email to HumanRes@rpse.com
Forell/Elsesser Engineers is an award-winning structural and earthquake engineering firm with substantial experience in the design of new and rehabilitated facilities of all types of construction. We have experience in all aspects of structural engineering and seismic design, including cost-effective and innovative design solutions. Located in San Francisco, the firm has been in continuous practice of structural and earthquake engineering for over 55 years.
Job Title: Structural Engineer/Project Manager
Job Start Date: Monday, July 9, 2018
The successful candidate will be responsible for design and delivery of quality structural projects from design through construction administration under the oversight of the Project Principal, often working on several projects concurrently.
We are looking for someone with excellent technical skills and a strong desire to learn and grow in our firm and who wants to join an exciting and thoughtful team that actively encourages and supports individual professional growth through ongoing education, training, and mentoring.
Forell/Elsesser offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) plan and profit sharing.
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Structural Engineer registered in the State of California.
5+ years of design experience
Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering
• Technical expertise and thorough knowledge of structural analysis and design
• Thorough knowledge of building systems and ability to design and analyze steel, concrete and wood structures
• Thorough knowledge of building non-structural systems
• Ability to conceive and develop structures compatible with architectural and building system needs and requirements
• Ability to effectively review work of others, and locate and correct errors
• Knowledge of CBC, ACI, AISC, NDS codes
• Ability to work successfully with team members and consultants to produce high quality work on time and on budget
• Ability to develop and articulate design criteria
• Ability to verbally, graphically and textually communicate design criteria, issues, decisions and recommendations
• Ability to write technical reports.
• Commitment to continuing education, self-development and growth
• Ability to provide a high level of client service
• Demonstrate a proficient knowledge of Revit
• Project leadership ability
• Ability to respond to and assume responsibility
• Ability to produce fee proposals
• Ability to provide guidance to Engineers and Structural Designers
• Ability to handle several design and construction projects at one time
KPFF Consulting Engineers
KPFF civil and structural engineers are driven by a commitment to our core values of Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion. We provide creative, practical solutions for projects of all kinds, scales and industries. Our culture focuses our energy and our passion on our clients, our projects, and our people. Firm wide, KPFF has been in business since 1960, growing from a single office in Seattle to become a nationally recognized firm with more than a 1,000 team members and 20 offices throughout the United States.
We collaborate with our clients utilizing the advantages of VDC with BIM tools as a way of visualizing, coordinating and tracking systems. Our office employs Lean Design and Construction tools and participates in a variety of project delivery methods in order to further integrate design and construction.
At KPFF, you control your destiny – the work you put in equates directly to your success and compensation. Careers at KPFF are driven by individual accomplishments and successful projects. That means your dedication, attitude and talent drives your professional growth. We work in dynamic teams with open communication and strong mentorship from senior-level staff. KPFF encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior. Professional development and on the job training is an everyday event as is your direct interaction with owners, architects and contractors.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages work/life balance. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary and pay you for every hour you work. KPFF is a global firm with 20 offices and team members hold collective professional registrations in all 50 states.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Structural Engineers - All Levels
Job Start Date: Thursday, June 14, 2018
KPFF San Francisco is seeking Structural Engineers of all levels with experience in building design, in both new construction and renovation. Our ideal candidate is ambitious and entrepreneurial and is interested in developing and maintaining a stable client base, as well as, excellent working relationships with developers, architects and general contractors.
To succeed at KPFF you:
• Are self-motivated and strive for excellence in all aspects
• Have effective organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Consistently think beyond rote training to thoughtfully and creatively design structural solutions
• Display a desire for growth and welcome advancement opportunities
• Welcome the collaborative and iterative process that comes with designing world-class
• Participate in planning and supporting the Strategic Vision of the office
-- Must possess Degree in Structural Engineering
-- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
-- Master’s Degree, Structural License and Revit Capabilities are a plus
-- 4+ Years of Experience
-- Professional License
-- Master’s Degree Preferred
-- Structural License and Revit Capabilities are a plus
To submit an application, please visit our website at: www.kpff.com/careers
Mar Structural Design
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Job Start Date: Friday, May 11, 2018
Do you have a passion for creative design? If you are inspired to grow in an exciting and collaborative environment, please e-mail us a thoughtful note telling us about yourself. Mar Structural Design is looking for skilled and enthusiastic engineers. We are a mission-driven firm on the forefront of performance-based seismic design and sustainable design. Excellent engineering skills are expected along with a commitment to continual learning.
Our ideal candidate has at least four years of design office experience, a Master’s degree in structural engineering, and is licensed in California. S/he enjoys working collaboratively, thrives on reciprocal learning, and demonstrates a knack for seeing the “whole project”. Architectural training, experience in designing in several structural materials, the ability to create thoughtful design details, and an interest in high-performance seismic and sustainable design, are all considered pluses. This is an opportunity to shape both your career and our robust growing firm.
Send your resume and cover letter to Taline Mitten at email@example.com.
Nabih Youssef Structural Engineers
Nabih Youssef Structural Engineers is a mid-sized structural firm with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Irvine, with a practice focused on providing quality, innovative structural solutions. We are currently engaged in a number of large-scale, exciting projects, throughout California, including base isolated facilities, high rise buildings, complex historic preservation projects and large-scale mixed-use developments. We currently have immediate openings in all offices.
Job Title: Structural Engineer
Job Start Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018
We are looking for bright, energetic engineers to join our growing team in San Francisco and Los Angeles. We offer very competitive compensation packages for qualified engineers.
-3-15 years of experience, specializing in seismic analysis and design of complex building structures
-Demonstrated experience on technically challenging projects
-Experience with seismic retrofit work using ASCE 41
-Strong communication skills
-Performance Based Design experience preferred
-M.S. in Structural Engineering
-P.E. (S.E. preferred)
Contact us about this job by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org